Sacramento, California - (3/18/2020)
The Sacramento Mandarins has made the difficult decision to cancel the March and April drum corps camp. This decision was made while considering a number of factors. Clearly, the safety and well-being of our members, staff and volunteers is our most important consideration. In this circumstance our host school district had decided to close the schools for this week and so it became risky for us to project if the school would be open or not for our camp.
It is important to note that there have been no Mandarins members or staff who have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
“Our team continues to plan for an exciting and successful 2020 drum corps season. While we know that we can’t control the environment that we live in, we are optimistic that this situation will pass and that we can return to normalcy. We can’t wait for the members to move in, perfect our show and bring our program out to our Fandarins!” stated Jim Tabuchi, President and CEO of the Sacramento Mandarins.
Stay tuned as we continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as conditions evolve.
You can view DCI’s Coronavirus Update (as of 3/18/2020) here.
As always, thank you for your support for the Sacramento Mandarins.